Circle Pines Center was founded in 1938. Our history is currently being gathered and written by board member, Christyl Burnett.
a rich legacy dating back to 1882
Welcome to Circle Pines Center
The mission of circle pines is to promote peace, social justice, environmental stewardship and cooperation. The center aims to demonstrate cooperative alternatives for economic and social issues and to teach cooperation as a way of life.
President: Jack Gordon
Vice President: Gary McClellend
2nd Vice President: Romy Fitchen
Treasurer: Derek Freridge
Secretary: Deb Olson
Alternate: Isabella Friedheim
Alternate: Carol Jones-Dwyer
Create Memories That Will Last a Lifetime
After 60 years of use the co-op had outgrown the folk school building, and in 1940 the Stewart Farm was purchased. A Quaker work camp helped to ready the site that first summer and the next year people were able to gather at their own cooperatively-governed Center. The mission today is what it was then – to show the “superior advantages of cooperation as a way of life.”